I got nothing left inside of my chest, but it’s all alright.
Now I’ve been asked about this a million times.. and in the moment I never know what to say. I think I’ve narrowed it down though. 10 was way too hard, so I did 20. And even though there are sooo many albums I wanted to include in this list, I didn’t want to put anything that may be amazing but ultimately aren’t the albums that I have tried and true always gone back to; the ones I won’t turn off mid-way or skip any of the tracks. So, yeah.
*In no particular order.
1. Ray LaMontagne - Trouble 
2. fun. - Aim & Ignite 
3. Otis Redding - Otis Blue: Otis Redding Sings Soul 
4. The Killers - Hot Fuss 
5. Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism 
6. Stars - Set Yourself on Fire 
7. Jeff Buckley - Grace 
8. Ólafur Arnalds - …and they have escaped the weight of darkness 
9. Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants and Jacket 
10. Andrew Bird - Armchair Apocrypha 
11. Donovan Woods - The Widowmaker 
12. Coldplay - Parachutes 
13. Third Eye Blind - Third Eye Blind 
14. Dashboard Confessional - A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar 
15. Sufjan Stevens - Illinoise 
16. Etta James - At Last! 
17. Radical Face - The Family Tree: The Roots 
18. Brand New - Deja Entendu 
19. The National - High Violet 
20. Margot & the Nuclear So and So’s - The Dust of Retreat